What is Dramatherapy?
Dramatherapy is an expressive form of psychotherapy that uses action methods, such as DRAMA, STORY AND PLAY to help us understand how we can change ourselves and the way we live. It offers alternative and creative ways of communicating and understanding what is often difficult to put into words and at times overwhelming to deal with.
Dramatherapy is accessible to all and you do not need any previous experience in drama or theatre to benefit from this approach.
Roya’s private practice is in the centre of Guildford Surrey at The Owl Practice in Quarry Street.
Clients can benefit from Dramatherapy to help with issues such as:
- parenting support
- overcoming trauma
- stress, anxiety and depression
- self-expression and self-esteem
- loss and bereavement
- initiate personal change
- explore relationships
- confidence building
Therapeutic Services include
- Play support providing insight into attachment parenting through modelling with the child
- Parent/carer support in understanding their child’s behaviour in the light of attachment and trauma experiences
- Therapeutic parent work to support parents to become ‘therapeutic parents’.
- Individual sessions who wish to explore their own loss, attachment and trauma history.
This provides the opportunity the practitioner (therapist, teacher, social worker, student therapist) in partnership with the supervisor to :-
• Reflect on and review their practice.
• Discuss individual cases in depth.
• Change or modify their practice and identify training and
continuing development needs.
This can provide the practitioner with the
• Review professional standards.
• Keep up to date with developments in their profession.
• Identify professional training and continuing development
• Ensure that they are working within professional codes of
conduct and boundaries.
Supervision is offered on an individual, pair and group basis and also by Skype or phone to creative arts therapists, teachers, counsellors and individuals wanting to improve and reflect on their practice using creative methods.
I have been a supervisor for 10 years and work with a range of students and experienced professionals to support and develop their practice.
If you would like more information please contact me on 07932 070773 to find out more. Initial free phone consultation available on request.