- PTTLS Further education, lifelong learning and family learning teacher
- Creative Art Supervision Training, The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- MA Dramatherapy The Royal Central School Speech and Drama
- Postgraduate Diploma Drama and Movement Therapy The Royal Central School Speech and Drama
- BA Honours French and European Studies, Queen Mary College, London University
My professional affiliations include;
- British Association of Dramatherapists (2819)
- Health Care Professions Council AS01307 (AR Pourmohamedian)
- Equity full member (M00151049)
Roya is a member of BADth’s Equality and Diversity subcommittee and Chair of the CAST Supervisor’s Forum at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
She regularly attends workshops and conferences to aid her continuing professional development as a therapist.
Roya also runs workshops and presents at conferences for therapists, professionals and students throughout the year. As part of the therapist code of conduct for The British Association of Dramatherapists (BADth) and Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) she has ongoing regular supervision
Most recent CPD training completed:
Children’s Accelerated Trauma Treatment (C.A.T.T.) level 2
Dr S. Jennings: Deep Play and Deep Drama: Therapeutic experience through Neuro -Dramatic Play
Winston’s Wish: Working with and supporting bereaved children and young people
Margaret Wilkinson: How Children Change: Insights from Neurobiology, Trauma and Attachment
Lili Levy: Associative cards in supervision
Carol Gray: Social Stories and Comic Strip Conversations
Roz Read: Enabling Children to Speak About Feelings Through Sandplay for The Centre for child mental health
Dr Tony Attwood: Social Understanding and Learning Differences and Mental Health and Wellbeing in Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
Dr Emma Ramsden: Researching supervision in dramatherapy
Lavinia Musters: The Freedom programme – Domestic violence
Holly Dwyer and Kyle Day: Safeguarding children and young people: principles into practice.
She has professional liability insurance and up to date enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB). Roya has a thorough understanding of child safeguarding procedures and has completed additional training on this.